We developed our first Sustainable shoe in 2009 for a Finnish brand, using only recycled materials.
With such an early start, we have the advantage of working with sustainable materials for a long time and therefore we are at the cutting edge of sustainable technology and innovation.
Having us as your footwear productive partners means:
- Easy Source of sustainable materials (Outsole; Upper & Lining, Insole, Reinforcements, Laces, Eyelets).
- More than 10 years of experience in handling these materials at your service.
- Certified factories which will handle the job.
- Portugal has one of the best shares of energy from renewable sources in E.U., 10% higher than its main competitors (Spain and Italy). This means you are not only producing a sustainable product, you are also producing with a very low carbon footprint.
A brief introduction to sustainable shoes
- Organic is the category that has the least impact on our planet.
- Mixing categories to achieve a % rate of sustainability on product is the most common approach to sustainability.
- Replacing leather with non-leather components is a much easier solution. Therefore, a Vegan approach is the easiest to follow.
(No harm to Nature)
Upper + Sole
Bacterial Cellulose (Coconut industry)
Biodegradable Outsole (APINAT)
Organic Insole (Latex + Natural Fibres) folded by Organic cotton
Upper and Lining
Egyptian organic cotton thread Embroidery
Vegetable Tannery Leather (Chrome-free)
(No harm to Animals)
Synthetic Suede (Ultra Suede)
Eva and Cork
Canvas and Vinyl
Bicycle Chamber Tire
Rubber + Plastic recovered from the ocean
Boot Pipe Old Fur Coats (Limited Edition)
100% Car Tire
Burlap rope bags